ICC World Cup Cricket 2011 Semi Final match between Sri Lanka and New Zealand has almost decided the teams in final contest to be played at Wankhede Cricket Stadium, Mumbai on 2nd April 2011. It is most likely that India and Sri Lanka will be the final two contenders for the World Cup Cricket trophy. Sri Lanka won the World Cup in 1996 and India’s last trophy winning performance was in 1983. Sri Lanka defeated India in the semi finals during World Cup Cricket 1996. And India is most likely to win the semi final against Pakistan unless some thing went drastically wrong on 30th March 2011. Our net poll is also suggesting that more than 80 percent netizens are in favour of India’s victory till the date. Following are details of world cup cricket history between India and Sri Lanka along with one day records and probable teams for the 2011 final:
India and Sri Lanka World Cup History: Both the teams have played 7 times against each other in World Cup matches. Sri Lanka is leading with 4 wins and India won 2 matches and another match ended in no result. Following are the past world cup matches between India and Sri Lanka:
1. 16th June 1979: Sri Lanka beat India by 47 runs at Old Trafford
2. 28th February 1992: India v Sri Lanka - No Result at Mackay
3. 2nd March 1996: Sri Lanka beat India by 6 wickets at Delhi
4. 13th March 1996: Sri Lanka beat India (D/L) at Kolkata
5. 26th May 1999: India beat Sri Lanka by 157 runs at Taunton
6. 10th March 2007: India beat Sri Lanka by 183 runs at Johannesburg
7. 23rd March 2007: Sri Lanka beat India by 69 runs at Port of spain
India Vs Sri Lanka - One Day International Matches History From 1979 to August 2010:
1. Total Matches Played - 128
2. Matches won by India - 67
3. Matches won by Sri Lanka - 50
4. Matches end in No Result - 11
5. First One Day match between India Vs Sri Lanka: June 16-18, 1979, Manchester. Sri Lanka won this match by 47 runs.
6. Last match between India Vs Sri Lanka: Tri series Final on August 28th, 2010 at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, Dambulla. Sri Lanka won the match by 74 runs.
Probable Teams for World Cup Final 2011 : India Vs Sri Lanka
1. Indian Team: Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain / Wicket Keeper), Suresh Raina / Yousuf Pathan, Aswin Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Harbhan Singh and Munaf Patel.
2. Sri Lanka team: K Sangakkara, L Malinga, R Herath, A Mathews, A Mendis, M Muralitharan, T Dilshan, C Silva, T Samaraweera, U Tharanga, M Jayawardene.
Live Updates and Live video streaming of World Cup Cricket Final 2011 will be available on www.espnstar.com/cwclive/ , www.espncricinfo.com , cricketnext.in.com , cricket.yahoo.com etc.