The Election Commission of India has announced schedule for Bye-Elections to fill the Casual Vacancies in Parliamentary Constituency / Assembly Constituencies in different states. Five Assembly constituencies (Banswada, Tiruchirapalli West, Indira Nagar, Khadakwasala, Daraunda) and one Lok Sabha Constituency (Hisar) are going for polls on 13th October 2011. The model code of conduct will come into force immediately after the release of the notification.
1) Haryana: Hisar PC (Parliamentary Constituency)
2) Tamil Nadu: Tiruchirappalli (West) - Assembly Constituency
3) Andhra Pradesh: Banswada Assembly Constituency
4) Puducherry: Indira Nagar Assembly Constituency (AC)
5) Maharashtra: Khadakwasala Assembly Constituency
6) Bihar: Daraunda Assembly Constituency
Following is the schedule of polls and results:
1) Issue of Notification: 19th September 2011 (Monday)
2) Last date for filing Nominations: 26th September 2011 (Monday)
3) Scrutiny of Nominations: 27th September 2011 (Tuesday)
4) Last date for withdrawal of Candidatures / nominations: 29th September 2011 (Thursday)
5) Date of Poll: 13th October 2011 (Thursday)
6) Counting of Votes / Poll Results: 17th October 2011 (Monday).
The TRS will field Pocharam Srinivasa Reddy as its candidate in Banswada Assembly segment. Srinivasa Reddy was the sitting MLA when he resigned to the TDP and Assembly Membership and joined in the TRS Party. Congress and TDP will also announce their candidates in due course of time. The TDP is likely to field Badya Nayak or former MLA Gangadhar. YSR Congress Party may not contest in this election. If the YSR Congress decided to contest, it may field Bajireddy Goverdhan as its candidate. Goverdhan was former MLA of Banswada.