The BSNL - SBI Mobicash M-Wallet service has been launched in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on 17th January 2017. The M-Wallet service is aimed at promoting cashless transactions as per the guidelines of Central Government.
The SBI - BSNL Mobicash M-wallet service would meet the objectives of the Union Government to promote cashless / digital payment methods. This facilitates payments with out debit / credit cards/ bank accounts / net banking etc.
With this, the BSNL customers could load money into the m-wallet at BSNL retailer outlets. In order to load the wallet, they need not have debit / credit card, net banking or not even a bank account. They could directly transfer their funds without the IFSC code. The service will work in any normal feature phone.
Services available through BSNL - SBI Mobicash M-Wallet:
1) Cash transfer
2) BSNL Pre Paid, Landline Bill Payments
3) BSNL Broadband, Post paid bill payments
4) Transfer from Wallet to Wallet and other bank accounts.
Services to be available in the near future:
1) All civic services including bill payments
2) Merchant payments
3) Recharges of other mobile operators, post paid bill payments.