Following are the highlights of Telangana Budget 2017 - 18 as presented by Finance Minister of the state E. Rajender. The total outlay of the budget is Rs 1.49 lakh crore. The expenditure outlay of of the budget is Rs 1,49,646 crore. The budget has focused on the welfare and agriculture sectors.
75 percent subsidy for sheep-rearing:
1) 19.61 percent growth has been registered in Telangana
2) Revenue surplus of Rs 45.071 crore
3) Rs 4,000 crore earmarked towards farm loan waiver scheme of Government as promissed in the manifesto.
4) Telangana State GSDP projected at 10.1 percent
5) Will give 75 percent subsidy for sheep-rearing
Mission Bhagiratha, Mission Kakatiya:
6) Mission Bhagiratha, Mission Kakatiya works will be continued uninterrupted
7) The Government has allotted Rs 14375.12 crore for SC development
8) 23 major, 13 minor irrigation projects will be taken up
9) The Government has completed 7 irrigation projects.
10) Telangana State will allot Rs 500 crore for barbers, washermen welfare
11) Rs 1200 crore will be allotted for weavers
12) The government will take up construction of 330 godowns across the State.
13) Rs 3,000 crore has been allocated for Mission Kakatiya
14) Rs 1249 crore has been allocated for minorities welfare
15) Rs 1731 crore for womens development will be earmarked.
Haritha Haram Scheme:
16) Rs 50 crore will be allocated for Haritha Haram Scheme.
17) Rs 605 crore will be allocated for KCR kit containing 16 items for new mothers.
18) Rs 300 crore has been allotted for Greater Warangal development
19) Rs 1,000 crore will be given for GHMC development
20) The Telangana Government will give Rs 30 crore for journalists welfare.
Kalyana Laxmi, Shaadi Mubarak Schemes:
21) Rs 12,705 crore allocated for school education
22) Rs 4203 set aside for power sector in Telangana
23) Medical and Health sector will get Rs 5,976 crore
24) Rs 252 crore will be given for IT development
25) The welfare scheme Kalyana Laxmi, Shaadi Mubarak beneficiaries to get Rs 75,116 in place of Rs 50,000.
Brahmin community welfare:
26) Rs 100 crore allocation for Brahmin community welfare
27) Allocation of Rs 5,338 crore for Aasara pension scheme.
28) Law and Order department gets Rs 4,828 crore.