Andhra Pradesh has lost several great, humane and important people in the recent past. Some deaths are untimely and some other are unfortunate. Here is a brief description of the people from Andhra Pradesh who died for various reasons:
1) K. Balagopal: Balagopal is a noted human rights theorist and activist. He died of lung aspiration in 2009.
2) K.G. Kannabiran: He is a famous civil rights activist and advocate in AP High Court. He died in 2010 in Hyderabad with illness.
3) Prof. Jaya Sankar: A Telangana ideologue and educationist died in 2011 due to cancer.
4) S.R. Sankaran: Retired public servant of repute and known for his simple life and principles, Sankaran died in 2010.
5) Dr. K Anji Reddy: The founder chairman of Dr. Reddys laboratories was breathed last in 2013. He is a visionary industrialist.
6) Anjali Devi: Noted Telugu actress and known as Telugu Seethamma passed away in 2014.
7) Akkineni Nageswara Rao: A legendary Telugu actor and producer died of cancer in January 2014.
8) Y.S Rajasekhar Reddy: Known as YSR and perceived as most popular leader in AP after NTR, he died in a tragic helicopter crash in 2009.