It is almost certain that the Congress Government at the center is going to introduce AP Reorganisation Bill 2013 bifurcating 12 districts from Andhra Pradesh. The GoM formed to look into the formalities of bifurcations is in principle accepted to carve out a new state with 12 districts including Anantapur and Kurnool to existing Telangana region.
Only dilemma is whether it should be called as Telangana or Rayala Telangana. Following are some other recommendations of Group of Ministers (GoM) on Telangana:
1) Hyderabad with GHMC limits will be the joint capital of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana / Rayala Telangana for 10 years. There will be a single Governor for both the states with law and order powers.
2) Polavaram will be declared as National Project and the project execution will be completely taken up by Central Government. Bhadrachalam will be with Telangana.
3) Legislative Councils will be there in both the states. They will exist as Tentative Councils with 45 members each.
4) Seemandhra will get a new IIIT, IIT, IIM, AIMMS and a Central University.
5) Tax exemptions will be given for backward regions in both the states.
6) An expert committee will be formed to identify and recommend new capital for Seemandhra / Andhra Pradesh state.
7) Huge financial package for the capital city of new Seemandhra / Andhra Pradesh.