Hyderabad: Ganesh Chathurdhi is celebrated with much devotion in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Khairatabad Ganesha is very famous across the state. The huge idol in the world is installed at Khairatabad. Here are more details of Khairatabad Ganesha:
1) The construction of the idol starts at least three months prior to the festival day.
2) About 200 workers and sculpturist participate in the making of the idol.
3) People participate in 11-day Ganesh festival and lakhs of people visit the idol.
4) The immersion of Khairatab Ganesha is a huge process. There will be a big procession from Khairatabad to Hussain Sagar Lake.
5) The Vinayaka Chathurdhi ends in Hyderabad with the immersion of Khairatabad Ganesha idol.
6) The official website of Ganesh Utsav Committee, Khairtabad is www.ganapathideva.org
Here are some photographs of Ganesha in Hyderabad along with Khairatabad Ganesha: