Bansakantha district of Gujarat has 8 Assembly Constituencies. The BJP has completely dominated the district in 2007 Assembly elections. The Party has bagged 7 out of total eight constituencies leaving Danta segment alone to the Congress Party. The district is known to be a strong hold of BJP. The Banaskantha Constituency is the only Lok Sabha segment in the district. Following is the list of MLAs presently representing various parties and their rivals in 2007 elections. The Congress is trying its best to regain the popularity in the district by securing more seats in 2012 Assembly elections. See the tally of 2007 elections here:
1) Danta Constituency: The Congress candidates Gadhavi Mukesh Kumar Bheravdanj defeated Solanki Javansinh of the BJP.
2) Vadgam Constituency: The BJP candidate Vaghela Fakirbhai Raghabhai defeated Dolatbhai Parmar of the Congres Party.
3) Kankrej Constituency: Desai Babubhai Jesangbhai of the BJO won over Khanpura Dharshibhai Lakhabhai of the Congress Party.
4) Deesa Constituency: Vagela Liladharbhai Khodaji from BJP has defeated Rabari Govabhai Hamirabhai of the Congress Party.
5) Vav Constituency: Patel Parbatbhai Savabhai of the BJP has won from this segment. Patel Mavjibhai Chatarabhai, and independant candidates was the runner up in this consituency.
6) Deodar Constituency: Mali Anil Kumar Amrutlal of the BJP has defeated BSP candidate Vaghela Manshihji Pratapsinhji.
7) Palanpur Constituency: The Congress candidate Joshi Rajendrakumar Dhudalal was defeated by the BJP candidate Prajapati Govindbhai Madhavlal.
8) Dhanera Constituency: Purohit Mafatlal Motiram of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) defeated the Congress nominee Pantrod Nathabhai Hegolabhai.