Kheda district has 9 Assembly Constituencies. This is the district where the Congress Party has clearly dominated the BJP in the 2007 Assembly Elections. The Congress Party has strong base in the district. The Congress won the Balasinor, Chakalasi, Kapadvanj, Kathlal, Mahudha and Thasra Constituencies. The BJP has managed to win in Matar, Mehmadabad and Nadiad Constituencies. The Congress may retain its top position in the district in 2012 Assembly elections also. Following are details of winners and runners of 2007 elections in the constituencies of Kheda district.
1) Matar Constituency: Chauhan Devusinh Jesingbhai of the BJP defeated Amin Narhari Hiralal of the Congress Party.
2) Chakalasi Constituency: Vaghela Sankarbhai Desaibhai of the Congress has defeated the BJP nominee Baraiya Chunibhai Kanubhai of the BJP.
3) Kapadvanj Constituency: Patel Manibhai Devjibhai of the Congress Party has defeated Bimal Bhaw of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
4) Balasinor Segment: Chauhan Mansinh Kohyabhai of the Indian National Congress has defeated Pathak Rajeshbhai Urfe Pappubh of BJSH Party.
5) Kathlal Constituency: Zala Gauthambhai Jesangbhai of the INC has defeated Dabhi Kanubhai Bhulabhai of the BJP.
6) Thasra Constituency: Parmar Ramsinh Prabhatsinh of the Congress has won from this segment. He defeated Chauhan Bhagvansinh Raysinh of the BJP.
7) Mehmedabad Constituency: Chauhan Sundarsinh Bhalabhai of the BJP has defeated Gautambhai Raojibhai Chauhan of the Indian National Congress Party.
8) Mahudha Constituency: Navtarsinh Fulsinh Thakor of the Congress Party has defeated Surendra Kumar Natvarlal Bhatt of the BJP.
9) Nadiad Constituency: Desai Pankajkumar Vinubhai of the BJP has defeated the Congress nominee, Desai Surendrabhai.