The Sabarkantha of Gujarat is a politically dynamic district. It has eight (8) Assembly constituencies. The constituencies are Bayad, Bhiloda, Himatnagar, Idar, Khedbrahma, Meghraj, Modasa and Prantij. We have to wait to knwo any changes in the number of consituencies after delimitation in 2012. The Assembly elections 2012 will be held after the delimitation of constituencies. In 2007 elections, the BJP has won from 5 Assembly constituencies (Bayad, Himatnagar, Idar, Modasa and Prantji) from Sabarkantha district. The Congress has bagged Bhiloda, Khedbrahma and Megraj constituencies in 2007 elections. Following are constituency wise winners and losers of 2007 elections:
1) Meghraj Constituency: The Congress candidate Vaghela Mahendrasinh Shankarsi has defeated Parmar Bhikhiben Girvatsinh of the BJP.
2) Bhiloda Constituency: Anil Joshiyara of the Congress has defeated Chaudhari Vipulbhai Mansinhbha of the BJP.
3) Khedbrahma Constituency: This is another constituency bagged by the Congress. It’s candidate Ashwin Kotval has defeated Bara Ramilaben Becharbhai of the BJP.
4) Prantij Constituency: The BJP candidate Chauhan Jaysinhji Mansinhji has won here.
5) Idar Constituency: The Congress candidate Vaghela Manilal Jethabhai was defeated by Vora Ramanlal Ishvarla of the BJP.
6) Bayad Constituency: The BJP nominee Zala Udesinh Punjaji has defeated Solanki Ramsinh Rupsinh of the Congress Party.
7) Himatnagar Constituency: The Congress nominee CK Patel was defeated by the BJP candidate Patel Prafullbhai Khodabhai.
8) Modasa Constituency: Parmar Dilipsihji Vakhatsihji of the Bharatiya Janatha Party has defeated Patel Hirabhai Shivabhai of the Indian National Congress Party.