Chiranjeevi is a popular Telugu film actor in Andhra Pradesh. He si known as Mega Star in the state and acted in 149 films. He entered into politics in 2008 through launching Praja Rajyam Party. His party contested in all the seats in 2009 elections and managed to secure 18 seats. PRP was merged in the Congress in 2011 and Chiranjeevi was elected to Rajya Sabha as part of the agreement with the Congress. Chiranjeevi, whose original name was Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad has been appointed as Union Minister on 28th October 2012. Following is the brief profile and biodata of Chiranjeevi.
1) Name: Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad (Chiranjeevi)
2) Date of birth: 22nd August 1955
3) Place of birth: Mogaltur Village, West Godavari district
4) Paents: Venkatrao and Anjana Devi
5) Date of Marriage: 20th February 1980
6) Name of spouse: Surekha
7) Children: Ram Charan Teja, Sushmitha, Srija
9) Entry into films: In 1978.
10) Awards: Padma Bhushan, Doctorate from Andhra University, Best Film award for Rudraveena.
11) Service Activities: Started Chiranjeevi Charitable Foundation in 1998 along with blood bank and eye bank.
12) Entry into politics: 2008 (Founded Praja Rajyam Party (PRP). Later PRP was merged in the congress on 6th February 2011.
13) Positions occupied: Elected as an MLA from Tirupati Assembly Constituency and served as PRP Legislature Party leader till sworn is as Rajya Sabha Member on 3rd April 2012.
14) Sworn in as Central Minister on 28th October 2012.