Update on 30th April 2011: Chanrayanagutta MLA, Akbaruddin Owaisi (AIMIM) was injured when rivals opened fire on him. Mohammed Pehlwan, who is alleged by AIMIM as the mastermind behind the attack was arrested by the police. Another AIMIM MLA, Ahmed Balala was also injured in the attack. The old city of Hyderabad is under tense with the clash. Akbaruddin was shifted to Care Banjara Hospital from Owaisi hospital. Asaduddin Owaisi, brother of Akbarudding just informed the media and the followers that the condition of Akbaruddin has been serious at the moment.
Akbaruddin Owaisi is representing Chandrayanagutta Assembly constituency which is located in Hyderabad city district of Andhra Pradesh. He is the younger son of Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi. The founder of All India Majlis-e- Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) was Nawab Mahmood Nawaz Khan. The AIMIM is very strong in Hyderabad old city and the constituency has been retained by AIMIM for a long time. Amanulla Khan has represented the constituency till 1994 elections. He left AIMIM and floated his own party MBT. Amanulla Khan's MBT has not been successful in defeating AIMIM in the constituency even it tied up with TDP in the recent past elections. Presently, Akbaruddin Owaisi is the floor leader of the AIMIM in Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
2009 Assembly elections have yielded good results for AIMIM. Akbaruddin Owaisi won from Chandrayan Gutta. Other contestants are Venkatesh Mudiraaj from Congress, Fakruddin Sandhani (TRS - Mahakutami), Raju Yadav from PRP, E. Anand from Loksatta and Jagajjevan Reddy from BJP.
Following is the brief profile of Akbaruddin Owaisi:
1. Name: Akbaruddin Owaisi
2. Constituency: 217- Chandrayanagutta, Hyderabad Dist.
3. Party: A.I.M.I.M
4. Father’s Name: Sri Sultan Salahuddin Owaisi
5. Category: General
6. Permanent Address: 8-2-686/B/A, Road No.12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
7. Date and Place of Birth: 14th June, 1971; Hyderabad.
8. Education: Discontinued MBBS
9. Number of terms elected to Assembly: 2 Terms
10. Marital Status: Married
11. Name of the Spouse: Smt. Sabina Farzaha (Sabina Farzana)
12. Number of Children: 2 (One Son and One Daughter)
13. Hobbies: Listening Music, Reading and Writing
14. Special Interests: Like to read World History and Islamic History
15. Favorite Pastime: Playing Basket Ball, Billiards and Swimming
16. Travels abroad: Middle East, Africa, Europe, Australia, Gulf, and South Asia.