Dokka Manikya Vara Prasada Rao is representing the Congress Party from Tadikonda Assembly Constituency, Guntur District of Andhra Pradesh. He was elected to the AP Assembly for the first time in 2004 elections and served as Minister for Secondary Education in the cabinets of Late Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy and K. Rosaiah. Presently, Manikya Vara Prasada Rao is serving as Minister for Minor Irrigation, Rural Development and NREGS.
Manikya Vara Prasada Rao won twice from Tadikonda (SC) Constituency. He defeated J.R. Pushpa Raj of TDP in 2004 elections. Manikya Vara Prasad has defeated Sravan Kumar of Telugu Desam Party in 2009 elections. Former minister J.R. Pushparaj was denied TDP ticket and this lead to groupism within TDP culminating in Sravan Kumar's defeat.
Manikya Vara Prasada Rao educated at Andhra Christian College- Guntur, Nagarjuna University and Osmania University. He did his LLM and practiced as lawyer and worked as Legal Officer with South Central Railways. You can get more details of him from www.manikyavaraprasad.com . Following is the brief profile of Dokka Manikya Vara Prasada Rao:
|Candidate||Dokka Manikya Vara Prasada Rao|
|Father and Mother||Dokka Deva Bhiksham and Lolamma|
|Date and Place of Birth||5th March, 1962, Gurazala, Guntur District
|Education||B.Sc., LLB, LLM, (Ph.D.)|
|Profession||Lawyer and Politician|
|Permanent Address||Plot No.206, Anitha Apartments, 4th Line, Lakshmipuram,
Guntur – 522 007, A.P.
|Present Address||Quarter No. 133, New M.L.A. Quarters, Aadarshnagar, Hyderabad. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Positions held||1. Member of Ethics Committee, A.P. Legislative Assembly.
2. Member, Privileges Committee, AP Legislative Assembly.
3. Member, Wild Life and Environmental Committee A.P. Legislative Assembly.
4. Member, Committee to Probe into the illegal Occupation of Christian property.
5. Member, Kala Chakra 2006 Organizing Committee.
6. Chairman, Board of Intermediate Education
7. Chairman, Andhra Pradesh Residential Schools Society.
8. Chairman, Hyderabad Public Schools
9. Chairman, EWIDC
10. Minister for Secondary Education
11. Minister for Rural Development and NREGS
|Hobbies and interests||Reading books, writing articles and visiting historical places|