Mandali Buddha Prasad belongs to the Congress Party and served as minister for Animal Husbandry, Dairy Development, Veterinary University and Fisheries in the cabinet of late Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhar Reddy. He is a popular face of Krishna district for his contribution to literature and Telugu language. He represented Avanigadda Assembly Constituency of Krishna District for 2 terms and won from the constituency during 1999 and 2004 Assembly elections. He is believed in Gandhism and also publishing a monthly titled 'Gandhi Kshetram'.
Mandali Buddha Prasad is fond of Telugu Culture and Language. He has been very active in organising and participating in Telugu Language, literature and culture relates activities. Buddha Prasad was defeated by his TDP rival Ambati Brahmanaiah with a very thin margin of aboiut 500 votes durint 2009 Assembly elections. Following is the brief profile / biodata of Mandali Buddhra Prasad:
1) Candidate: Mandali Buddha Prasad
2) Constituency and District: Avanigadda, Krishna District
3) Father's Name: M.V. Krishna Rao
4) Category : General
5) Permanent Address: D.No. 1-447-2, Sevasadan, Gandhi Kshetram, Avanigadda, Krishna Districy.
6) Date and Place of Birth: 26th May 1956
7) Educational Qualifications : B.A.
8) Profession : Agriculture
9) Number of terms elected: 2 Terms to Assembly
10) Public Office held : Served as Minister during 2004-2009
11) Marital Status: Married to Smt. M. Vijaya Laksmi
12) Number of Children: One Son and Two Daughters
13) Hobbies: Social Service, Promotion of Telugu Language and Culture
14) Special Interest: Disaster services and Gandhian Constructive Work
15) Favorite Pastime: Reading Books and Writing
16) Publications: Wrote some books titled 'Mauritius to Telugu Tejam', 'Prajalu Pragathi' and also Editor of a monthly called 'Gandhi Kshetram'.