Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy was elected as new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. The series of high voltage political developments in Andhra Pradesh on 24th November 2010 have come to an end with the announcement of the candidature of N. Kiran Kumar Reddy as the new leader of the Congress Legislature Party in AP Assembly.
Kiran Kumar Reddy was elected for Assembly 3 times from Vayalpad constituency. After the reorganisation of constituencies during 2009, his constituency has been changed to Pileru. He defeated Imtiaz Ahmed of Telugu Desam Party in 2009 elections. He was chief whip of the Congress Part during 2004-09 and choosed as Speaker of the Legislative Assembly in 2009.
Kiran Kumar Reddy attended Hyderabad Public School for his schooling and finished B.Com from Nizam College, Hyderabad. An ardent lover of cricket, Kiran Kumar Reddy represented Hyderabad Ranji Cricket Team. He was Graduated in Law from Osmania University and later entered into active politics. Film actor Nandamuri Balakrishna and former Speaker of AP Assembly K.R. Suresh Reddy were his classmates in Nizam College.
Following is the brief profile of Mr. Kiran Kumar Reddy.
1. Father's Name Late (Sri) N. Amarnath Reddy
2. Party: Indian National Congress
3. Present status: MLA from Pileru Assembly Constituency.
4. Old Constituency (Before 2009): Vayalpad
5. Permanent Address: Nagiripally (Post), Pathkonda (Village) Kalikiri (Mandal) Chittoor District.
6. Date and Place Birth: 13-09-1960 (Born and brought up in Hyderabad)
7. Educational Qualifications: B.Com., LL.B.
8. Profession: Business
9. Number of terms elected to Assembly: 4 Terms
10. Marital Status: Married
11. Name of the Spouse: Smt. N. Radhika Reddy
12. Number of Children: One Son and One Daughter