Summer Camps are the best way of using time with fun and joy along with learning. Summer Camps will help in bringing out and identifying the innate creativity in the children. There are number of Schools and independent institutes organising Summer Camps in Hyderabad / Secunderabad (Andhra Pradesh) areas. Joining in these summer camps will give the children of all age groups and their parents a fun filled and stress free holidays. There are wide variety of activities from painting, photography, dance, music to yoga, brain gym, abacus, pottery, story telling, reading, art and crafts etc. Most of the institutes those organising Summer Camps are located in the areas of Banjara Hills, Jubilee Hills, Somajiguda, Ameerpet, Madhapur and surrounding areas. Eenadu is conducting summer camps for a month in various activities like chess, yoga, abacus, spoken English etc. Following is the list of some of the best summer camps in Hyderabad.
1. Corner House Art Gallery, Road No. 44, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad: Summer camp for kids in drawing, painting, dance and drama. Contact for more info: 8008 222 391, 99664 81299.
2. Landmark, KMC Retail Mall, Somajiguda, Hyderabad: Landmark is organising a summer camp in association with Storytrails. The program will be a two and a half hour storytelling sessions. It will have a combination of short stories, role plays, songs, activities and fun games for kids. Kids between 7-12 years are eligible. It is a 5 day workshop and the price for the workshop is Rs 1500 per child. Landmark has also announced a summer carnival with display of books, DVDs offered on special discount. Contact for more info: 040-64631583;
3. Summer Funk: It is a Shiamak Davar's Institute for the Performing Arts (SDIPA). They train the children in dance, performance, professionalism and stage activities. Children can learn hip-hop, Bollywood jazz and can perform at Shiamak's Summer Funk show. Contact for details at 040-65979630/31, 23301170.
4. Treasure House, Road No. 63, Jubilee Hills: There are activities like art and crafts, photography, reading, theatre and filmmaking workshop, story telling, handwriting for all age groups. You can call for details 040-23550118.
5. The Children's Fine Art Gallery (CFAG), Daira Centre for Arts and Culture, Banjara Petals, Road No 5, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad: Activities include Picture book making, animal kingdom, folk art, clay modelling and eco assemblage. Children between 5 - 18 years can participate in the camp. Contact for more info at 040-66618628, 8019762868, 9849987187.
6. Saptaparni, Saptaparni, Road no. 8, Banjara Hills: The institute is organising workshops in pottery, scrabble, yoga workshop (Rekha Gupta), Carnatic vocal music (P. Suryanarayana) and creative writing (Cheryl Rao). For more info, contact at 040 - 66667707, 66821789.
7. Shishu Kunj Play School, Kachiguda: The School is organising a summer camp with lessons and activities in dance, crafts, yoga, embroidery, karate drawing and painting. For more info, contact at 094412 55331.
8. Nasr School Summer Camp, Somajiguda, Hyderabad: The Nasr School is organising summer camp for pre primary age group with activities in music, dance, painting, yoga, personality development, abacus, vedic mathematics etc. Contact for more info at 040 - 23311526.