The Indian Railways has introduced many changes from 1st July 2017. There are changes in IRCTC Passenger Reservation System, tatkal bookings and senior citizens etc. Following are some important changes in IRCTC Reservation System with effect from 01/07/2017.
1) Passengers will get refund amount of 50 percent on cancellation of tatkal tickets.
2) There has been slight change made by the Indian Railways for booking tatkal tickets. From 1st July tatkal window for AC coach will be open between 10 AM to 11 AM and for sleeper coach, the timing will be from 11 AM to 12 Noon.
3) From 1st July 2017, the waiting list system will come to an end and tickets will be issued only for confirmed and RAC passengers accommodation. The provisions for the waiting list will be ended.
4) By next month (August 2017), the number of coaches in Rajdhani and Shatabdi will be increased.
5) From 1st July 2017, Rajdhani and Shatabdi will move ahead with paper less tickets. Only mobile tickets will be valid on these trains.
6) The IRCTC website will also start booking tickets on various languages. Premium trains will come to an end from 1st July 2017.
7) Premium trains will come to an end from 1st July 2017.
8) The passengers can also get 50 percent return after cancelling Suvidha train tickets.
9) The passengers will also get wake up call destination facility in the trains from 1st July 2017.
10) All senior citizens over 60 years of age will get Air India Flight tickets at half the price.