The people of India can now register as a voter through the website of Election Commission of India (ECI). The people residing in Telangana can avail the facility through ceotelangana.nic.in . Following is the step by step procedure to register online for voter ID card (EPIC - Electronic Photo Identity Card).
1) Log on to ceotelangana.nic.in
2) Click on E- Registration. Here you have to opt for Assembly Constituency and then go for Form - 6 (New Enrollment)
3) Then you have to fill all the details and upload your photograph as prescribed in the online application.
4) Now Submit the application. You will receive the registration details to your mobile number.
5) The enrollment details will be sent to the concerned returning officer for approval.
6) You will be informed of the approval through EC website. You can check it through reference number.
7) If the registration is approved, you can collect the card from the nearest Mee Seva / TS Online center.
75 percent of the registrations are online only. You can also submit the form in offline mode through Mee Seva / Citizen Service Offices / Net Cafe centers. For more information, see www.ceotelangana.nic.in .
Aadhar is must:
All the people registering online for EPIC card have to submit their Aadhaar number at the time of online registration. All those already availed EPIC cards also have to link their voter ID numbers with Aadhaar number. This can also be done through ceotelangana.nic.in .