Kundapur Vaman Kamath (K.V. Kamath) was appointed as new Chairman of Infosys Technologies, India's leading software and IT services company. Kamath is presently Non-executive Chairman of ICICI Bank. He served as MD adn CEO of ICICI Bank and was instrumental in making it the largest private sector bank in India. Kamath will be replacing N R Narayana Murthy as the Chairman of Infosys. Kamath is known as most e-savvy among bankers. He will be facing touch competition from the leading IT companies such as TCS, Cognizant, HCL Technologies etc. Infosys Technologies has also changed its top management. Present CEO S Gopalakrishnan was appointed as the executive co-chairman. The $ 6 billion worth company has promoted COO (Chief Operating Officer) S D Shibulal as CEO and MD.
Following is the brief profile / biodata of K. V. Kamath:
1. Name: Kundapur Vaman Kamath
2. Date and Place of Birth: December 2, 1947, in Mangalore, Karnataka
3. Higher Secondary and Pre-University Education: St. Aloysius School
4. B.E. Mechanical Engineering: Karnataka Regional Engineering College (now National Institute of Technology - Surathkal)
5. MBA - Masters Degree in Business Administration Indian Institute of Management in 1971: IIM Ahmedabad (IIM-A)
6. Project Finance division: ICICI
7. Asian Development Bank, Manila - 1988 : Private Sector Department
8. ICICI (1996): Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI.
9. Place of Residence: Mumbai
10. Name of the spouse: Rajalaxmi
11. Children: Ajay Kamath (son) and Ajnya Kamath Pai (daughter)
12. Board Memberships: IIM Ahmedabad, Indian School of Business - Hyderabad, NIBM, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, CII etc.
13. Awards: Padma Bhushan (2008)