Here is a big respite for passport aspirants. You may not see the unending ques at the Secunderabad Pass Port Office thanks to the new Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) started by the Govt of Andhra Pradesh in various locations of Hyderbaad (Andhra Pradesh). The new Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) has already started functioning at Begumpet and has received by public as a big relief to passport seekers. There is no crowding, no queues and everything seems to be a hassle free transaction. It may be a real surprise for the people who used to see the situation at Secunderabad passport office. This is a good initiative after sanctioning more new passport issue centers in Andhra Pradesh in Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Vizag.
On the first day on Monday (28th November 2011), about 400 persons turned at the Passport Seva Kendra. This number of includes many fresh applicants along with those trying to make corrections and changes in existing passports. The Government is gearing up to start two other PSKs at Ameerpet and Tolichowki in a few days. The concerned staff is being trained before opening the PSK. There are some complaints on the difficulties in login to the website for online application. Applicants have to login to new website passportindia.gov.in instead of old website at passport.gov.in .
Procedure to be followed top get passports:
1) Log on to the new website www.passportindia.gov.in
2) Should create a user ID and password
3) Download e-form (application) and dill it
4) must note the 10 digit ARN Number
5) Then you should click on the 'appointment' link
6) Choose the date, time and book the appointment
7) You must arrive at Passport Seva Kendra 30 minutes prior to the appointment
8) You should bring all the original documents and xerox copies of certificates.
9) If you have any problems in applying online, please contact Toll free no: 1800 258 1800.