With the end of Satya Sai Baba's era, there is lot of curiosity among general public all over that who will succeed and run Shri Satya Sai Central Trust (SST). The Sathya Sai Trust with an estimated reserve funds of about Rs. 40000 crores has been involved in number of social service acitivities. The Trust is avtivly funding drinking water schemes in Anantapur, Medak, Mahaboobnagar districts, various educations institutions such as schools, a deemed university, medical colleges, super speciality hospitals along with numerous other activities in more than 160 countries across the globe. With the death of Satya Sai Baba there is a confusion in devotees and common people on the fate of these activities. The other members of the trust does not seem to be much interested in the social activities and some of them or even thinking of quitting the trust after the death of Satya Sai baba. Following are some of the key members of Sathya Sai Central Trust:
1. Satyajith : He is a personal care giver of Satya Sai Baba and believed to be a close confidant of Baba. He is known as more powerful in trust decisions and has been in news for some bad reasons recently.
2. Ratnakar: He is Satya Sai's nephew and equally powerful along with Satyajith. There are rumors that both Satyajith and Ratnakar have differences over various Trust activies. Ratnakar was included in the Trust after the death of his father Janakiram.
3. K Chakravarthi: He is an IAS officer and was a district collector. He had resigned to his job and joined as secretary of the Shri Sathya Sai Central Trust.
4. S V Giri: He was resigned as Central Vigilance Commissioner during 1998. Giri joined in Satya Sai Ashram as the Vice Cahncellor of the Sri Sathya Sai University.
5. Justice P N Bhagavati: He is former Chief Justice of India. Presently he is a member of Satya Sai Central Trust.
6. Indulal Shah: He is a Chartered Accountant and one of the key members of the Sathya Sai Baba organisation.
There are more than 100 Aashrams across the world functioning under the aegis of Satya Sai Central Trust apart from hospitals, educational institutions and other services. We have to wait and watch how far the Trust Members live up to the expectations of the devotees and beneficiaries of Satya Sai Baba's services.