Rajkot, another key district in the politics of Gujarat has 8 Assembly constituencies. There may be changes in the constituencies after the territorial reorganisation of constituencies before Assembly elections 2012. The Congress and the BJP have equal strength in the district. In 2007 elections, both the alliances have won four seats each. The Congress has won from Dhoraji, Jasdan and Wankaner Constituencies and it's ally NCP has secured Gondal segment. The BJP has bagged Jetpur, Morbi, Tankara and Upleta Constituencies. Following are details of winners and losers of 2007 Assembly elections. Most of these are likely to be fielded by respective parties in 2012 elections also.
1) Jetpur Constituency: Korat Jashuben Savjibhai of the the BJP has defeated Gordhanbhai Popatbhai Dhameliy of the Congress party.
2) Dhoraji Constituency: Radadiya Vitthalbhai Hansrajbhai of the INC has defeated Shamjibhai Bhimjibhai Khunt of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
3) Jasdan Constituency: The BJP candidate Rajpara Popatbhai Amarsinhbhai was defeated by Bavaliya Kunvarjiobhai Mohanbha of the Congress Party.
4) Upleta Constituency: The BJP Nominee Makadiya Pravinbhai Mohanbhai has defeated the NCP candidate Gediya Jamnadas Mavjibhai.
5) Morbi Constituency: The INC candidate lost this election. Congress candidate Patel Jayantilal Jerajbhai was defeated by the BJP candidate Amrutiya Kantilal Shivlal.
6) Gondal Constituency: The NCP candidate Vaghasiya Chandubhai Bachubhai has won from this segment. He defeated Jadeja Jayrajsinh Temubha of the BJP.
7) Wankaner Constituency: The Indian National Congress candidate Pirjada Mahmadjavid Abdulmulti has defeated the Somani Jyothsnaben Jitendrabhai of the BJP.
8) Tankara Constituency: The BJP has won this segment. It's candidate Kundariya Mohanbhai Kalyanbhai has defeated Brijesh Merja of the Indian National Congress.