The new state of Telangana has received raw deal from the Central Government in the Union Budget 2014-15. The Union Government has allocated Horticultural University, which may be started from the academic year 2015-16. There was no mention of any other promises made in AP Reorganization Act 2014 with respect to Telangana.
Here are the promises made in AP Reorganisation Act 2014:
1) Tax Concessions to industries in Telangana
2) 4000 MW Power Plant
3) Expanstion of National Highways
4) Steel Factory in Bayyaram in Khammam district
5) Railway Coach Factory
6) Rapid Rail Network in Hyderabad.
7) Establishment of Horticultural University (This is sanctioned in Union Budget 2014-15)
Apart from these, Telangana Chief Minister has made a representation seeking several sops to the new state of Telangana.
The demands include Special Category status to Telangana, Special grants for backward districts, National Project Status for Pranahita - Chevella, establishment of Telangana High Court, Tribal University, AIIMS etc. The budget speech has mentioned any of these demands.