Government owned mobile operator BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) is attracting mobile customers who likes to switch in to its network through Mobile Number Portability (MNP). BSNL has also welcomed its new customers coming from other networks through different offers. You may like to know the process for switch in to BSNL from AIRTEL / IDEA/ Vodafone / Reliance / Uninor / Aircel etc. Here is the simple process to change to BSNL (Cell One) under MNP.
1. You need to send a SMS to 1900 after typing ‘Port space present 10-digit mobile number’ from your mobile. For example ‘Port your existing mobile number’.
2. After sending the SMS, you will receive eight-digit unique porting code (UPC).
3. After receiving the UPC code number, you must visit the nearest customer service centre of BSNL or authorised dealer within a fortnight to finish the remaining process under their guidance.
4. The people at Service Center / Authorised Dealer shall give you two application forms. These are 1. Normal mobile application form and 2. Porting request form. BSNL will issue a new SIM card after submission of these two application forms.
5. On approval of your porting request, the new mobile service provider (BSNL) will inform the date and time for changing SIM card in your phone. The company shall complete automatic migration process to BSNL network within a week.
One important condition for switch in is customers should be availing present network at least for the past 90 days. You can migrate to BSNL network anytime after using the existing network for 90 days. That means you can not change to BSNL under MNP if you are using the other network for less than 90 days. GSM, CMDA mobile subscribers and 3G customers also can change their service providers while retaining their existing numbers.