The Government of Telangana has ambitious second phase metro rail plan. The first phase is yet to be completed and the HMRL has been given till till the end of 2018 to complete the first phase project. The secnd phase project is likely to be given to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). Hyderabad Metro Rail Corporation (HMRC) has delayed the first phase project due to various reasons.
Following is the proposed second phase Metro Rail plan in Hyderabad (HMRC):
1) Miyapur - BHEL - Patancheru: 15 km (9.3 mi) - Line I
2) LB Nagar - Hayat Nagar: 7 km (4.3 mi) - Line I
3) JBS - Alwal: 8 km (5.0 mi) - Line II
4) Nagole - LB Nagar - Falaknuma - Shamshabad RGI Airport: 28 km (17 mi) - Line III
5) JNTU - Shilparamam - Gachibowli: 14 km (8.7 mi) - Line IV
6) Gachibowli - Tolichowki - Lakdikapul: 17 km (11 mi) - Line IV
7) Raidurgam - Gachibowli - Shamshabad RGI Airport: 28 km (17 mi) - Line IV
8) Tarnaka - ECIL 'X' Roads: 7 km (4.3 mi) - Line V
The Telangana Government may call for tenders for the second phase of metro rail even before the completion of the first phase project.