Nizamabad District has so many distinctions in terms of politics. The district has sent representative of TDP, TRS, Congress, BJP and PRP parties to the Assembly through 2009 elections. The most stunning defeat for all was non-other than D. Srinivas, President of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC). D. Srinivas’s successive defeat in 2010 again in the hands of BJP’s Lakshmi Narayana has hampered his political career to a large extent. The TDP has gained 5 seats in the district during 2009 elections, the biggest number from any single party. The Congress, PRP, TRS and BJP retained their presence in the district with one assembly seat for each.
The district is located on the north western side of Andhra Pradesh. The district was previously known as Indhrapuri or Indhur when it was formed in 1905. Important leaders from the district are Madhu Yaski Goud, D. Srinivas, Mandava Venkateswara Rao, Pocharam Srinivas Reddy, Shabbir Ali, Sudershan Reddy etc.
MLAs of Nizamabad district:
1. Bodhan: Sudershan Reddy – Congress Party (INC)
2. Nizamabad (Urban): Endala Lakshmi Narayana – Bharatiya Janatha Party (BJP)
3. Balkonda: Anil Kumar Eravathri – Praja Rajyam (PRP)
4. Jukkal: Hanmanth Shinde – Telugu Desam (TDP)
5. Banswada: Pocharam Srinivas Reddy (Parige) – Telugu Desam (TDP)
6. Nizamabad (Rural): Mandava Venkateshwara Rao – Telugu Desam (TDP)
7. Yellareddy: Eanugu Ravinder Reddy – Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)
8. Armur: Annapurna Aleti – Telugu Desam (TDP)
9. Kamareddy: Gampa Govardhan – Telugu Desam (TDP)
MPs of Nizamabad district:
1. Nizamabad: Madhu Yaskhi Goud – Congress Party (INC)