Puttaparthy Sathya Sai Baba is dead on early hours of 24th April 2011 at Sri Sathya Sai Super Specialty Hospitals, Pattaparthy, Anantapur District of Andhra Pradesh. Satya Narayana Raju (later Satya Sai Baba) of Puttaparthy is known for his miracles, advocacy of peace and humanism and service to the poor. Satya Sai Baba's health has been under very critical condition for more than two weeks. He is 85 years old. He has lakhs of devotees across the world. The Sathya Sai Trust (SST), which is taking care of properties and activities of Satya Sai Baba has earlier released a note to the media saying that the health of Sai Baba is deteriorating. There have been different rumors and versions on the health condition of Sai Baba for the past two or three weeks. Some media houses reported that Satya Sai Baba is clinically dead and some predicted that he might have slipped into coma. Bhagavan Sathya Sai Baba, as he is known as, was put on ventilator for a long time and was treated under the supervision of Dr. Safaya of Sathya Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Super Speciality Hospitals. Sathya Sai Baba's biography is available on the official website http://www.sathyasai.org/ . Sathya Sai speeches, videos, projects, organisations, works etc available on this site. Profile / Timeline of Sathya Sai Baba is given below:
Brief Profile of Sathya Sai Baba:
1. Date of Birth and Place: Puttaparthi, a small village in Ananthapuram District of AP, South India, on November 23, 1926.
2. Change of Name to Sai Baba from Sathya Narayana Raju: On October 29, 1940, at the age of 14.
3. Mission: Spreading message of peace and humanity.
4. Place of Residence: Sai Baba's ashram, known as Prasanthi Nilayam (the abode of Divine Peace).
5. Biggest Event: 14-23 November 1995 when 70th birthday of Sathya Sai Baba took place in Prasanthi Nilayam. It was estimated that more than one million people, including the President and Prime Minister of India gathered in Prasanthi Nilayam to pay homage to Sathya Sai Baba.
6. Websites: www.sathyasai.org ; www.eaisai.com/baba/ ; http://www.srisathyasai.org.in/ ;
7. Aashrams: Prashanthi Nilayam, Brindavan and Kodaikanal.
8. Writings of Sathya Sai Baba:
1. Ramakatha Rasa Vahini, Part - I - The Sweet Story of Rama’s Glory
2. Ramakatha Rasa Vahini, Part - II - The Sweet Story of Rama’s Glory
3. Sathya Sai Vahini - Spiritual Message of Sri Sathya Sai
4. Dharma Vahini - The Path of Virtue and Morality
5. Bhagavatha Vahini - The story of the Glory of the Lord
6. Upanishad Vahini - Essence of Vedic Knowledge
7. Jnana Vahini - The Stream of Eternal Wisdom
8. Vidya Vahini - Flow of Spiritual Education
9. Prema Vahini - The Stream of Divine Love
10. Sandeha Nivarini - Clearance of Spiritual Doubts
11. Prashanthi Vahini - The Supreme Bliss of the Divine
12. Dhyana Vahini - The Practice of Meditation
13. Prasnothara Vahini - Answers to Spiritual Questions
14. Leela Kaivalya Vahini - The Cosmic Play of God
15. Sutra Vahini - Analytical Aphorism on Supreme Reality
16. Geeta Vahini - The Divine Gospel
9. 1960 - Release of Satyam - Sivam - Sundaram, written by Kasturi on the life and preachings of Baba.
10. 1981: Established Satya Sai Deemed University
11. 1990: Airport in Puttaparthy.
12. 1995: Started Satya Sai Drinking Water Scheme to Anantapur district with a cost of Rs. 350 crore.
13. 2001: Started Super Speciality Hospital in Bangalore with a cost of Rs. 500 crore.
14. April 24th 2011: Sathya Sai Baba deid.
15. Anti - Sathya Sai websites: http://www.saiguru.net/english/ ;
Dr. Safia, who supervised the medical treatment to Sathya Sai Baba had been constantly saying that main organs of Sathya Sai Baba were not functioning normally. Baba's health situation was remain under 'critical' condition as his liver function was worsened a few days back. Sai Baba's organs almost stopped responding to medication. He was reported by several devotee writers as having said he will die at the age 95 and / or 96 years.
Apart from his miracles and their credibility and allegations of crime in the Aashram, Sathya Sai Baba has been actively involved in various social service programs. Sathya Sai Seva Trust is managing various Super Specialty Hospitals which provide treatment at minimum / less costs, providing education through Deemed University, Colleges, Schools etc. Sathya Sai Baba's major contribution to Rayalaseema and Telangana region would be his drinking water schemes.
There are some unofficial estimations saying that the moveable and immoveable properties of Satya Sai Trust will be worth around Rs. 1 Lakh Crore.