The Government of Andhra Pradesh has released third round of funds under Agriculture / Crop Loan Waiver Scheme. The amount will be directly credited into the loan accounts of eligible farmers. The release of funds event has been launched on 9th October 2017 in Kurnool district.
36 lakh beneficiaries:
Third phase crop loan / gold loan waiver will cost Rs. 3600 crore to the Government. This includes 10 percent interest. About 36 lakh farmers will be benefited in the third phase programme.
Following are the important points:
1) Total loan relief under the scheme including third phase loan waiver: Rs. 14710 crores
2) Number of accounts benefited: 57.57 lakhs
3) Loan waiver relief for horticulture crops: Rs. 384.47 crores
4) One time loan waiver for the farmers who have availed less than Rs. 50000 laon from banks: Rs. 4495 crores (23.45 lakhs farmers benefited)
5) Loan waiver scheme has been applied to the deceased farmers also with the allocation of Rs. 51.54 crores for them.