The Government of Telangana is proposed to extend the Metro Rail Project to more sub-urban areas. The Phase 2 of metro rail project will cover as much as 102 Kms against the 72 Kms of first phase project. The Government has suggested new corridors in a phased manner. But phase 2 likely to be completed within schedule as the sub-urban areas are traffic free compared to first phase route.
Also Read: Metro Phase 2 - Routes and Stations
Following are details of Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) phase 2 lines, distances and routes.
1) Tank Bund - ECIL Via Tarnaka: 15 KM
2) Miyapur - Patancheru: 13 KM
3) LB Nagar - Hayathnagar: 10 KM
4) Nagole - LB Nagar - Chandrayanagutta: 13 KM
5) Miyapur - Gachibowli - Lakdikapul: 21 KM
6) Raidurg - Gachibowli - Shamshabad: 30 KM
Following is the route map of Metro Phase 2:
The project cost of second phase is estimated at Rs. 30000 crore. The first phase has started in 2012 and likely to be completed by December 2018. Comprehensive Transportation Study on Hyderabad has suggested metro rail should cover 360 km by 2041.