The Department of Income Tax, Government of India has made it mandatory to link PAN card with Aadhaar number. The PAN - Aadhaar link is aimed at tracking all the transactions of the citizens. PAN card is necessary for filing Income Tax returns. All the individuals and entities that pay the tax must have PAN card.
PAN card has been used as proof of identity and age for various services like booking tickets for a movie, investing in the stock market, applying for a passport, loan etc.
The Aadhaat Card must be linked with valid phone number / email in order to link it with PAN card. Citizens can check the registration details of Aadhaar through UIDAI portal. Aadhar authentication has become essential to apply for PAN card as well.
Following is the procedure to link PAN card with Aadhaar Card:
In order to link PAN and Aadhaar cards, you have to first register on the Income tax e-Filing portal. After finishing this, you can link PAN and Aadhaar following the procedure given below:
1) Log in to the e-Filing portal of the Income Tax Department https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in by entering the log-in ID, password and date of birth.
2) Then a pop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar number.
3) Details of the person / individual such as name, date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-Filing portal.
4) Verify the details instantly on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar card. If the details displayed match with the Aadhaar details, enter your Aadhaar card number and click on the “link now” button.
5) Now, a message will inform you that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.