The Government of Andhra Pradesh has announced BPS (Building Penalisation Scheme) / BRS (Building Regularization Scheme – website – bps.ap.gov.in) for the illegal constructions completed as on 31st December 2014. The AP Government has issued guidelines for regularization of unauthorized constructions / buildings / houses. The minimum application fee for the scheme is Rs. 10000. The penalties for various constructions are given below:
The owners / residents can register online through bps.ap.gov.in from 27th May 2015 for BPS scheme. The unauthorized constructions in 119 square yards with huts, temporary houses and G + 1 RCC constructions are exempted from BPS scheme. The unauthorized constructions in CRDA region will not be regularized as per the guidelines issued by AP Government.
Following are important features of BPS scheme introduced by AP Government:
1) The unauthorized constructions between 1 January 1985 – 31 December 2014 only will be considered for BPS / Regularization. The constructions can be in villages, municipalities, towns and CRDA region.
2) The applications can be submitted by recognized colony associations, owner, GPA holder etc with the permission plan, latest photos, documents, deviation details etc.
3) The constructions should not be taken up after the submission of application under BPS Scheme. Such constructions will be dismantled by the concerned authorities.
4) The BPS applications will be cleared within 30 days. The applicants can request for the solution within 30 days.
5) Applications have to be submitted along with Rs. 10000 fee. Remaining fee should be paid within 30 days after the receipt of information from concerned office. The total can be paid at the time of submission of applications. More details of fee and penalties can be obtained from bps.ap.gov.in .