Soyam Babu Rao is a teacher by profession and later on a leader of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS). He was elected as an MLA of Boath (ST) Assembly Constituency of Adilabad district in 2004 elections. He won that elections by defeating strong leader of Telugu Desam Party, Godam Nagesh with a majority of more than 10000 votes. Babu Rao was accused in the human smuggling case along with his party colleague and MLA, Kasipeta Lingaiah and both were arrested in 2007. The case was sidelined because of TRS - Congress close alliance during that period. But the controversy haunted Babu Rao till he lost his seat in 2009 elections.
Soyam Babu Rao lost his Assembly seat in 2009 Assembly elections thanks to the TDP -TRS poll alliance in the region. The Boath segment was allotted to TDP and was won by it's candidate Godam Nagesh. Following is the profile of Soyam Babu Rao:
1. Candidate's Name: Soyam Babu Rao
2. Party and Constituency: Boath Constituency, Adilabad District (TRS)
3. Father's Name : S. Nagorao
4. Permanent Address : Ganpur Village, Boath Mandal, Adilabad District.
5. Date and Place of Birth : 28th April 1969; Wajjiar Village, Boath Mandal.
6. Education: Intermediate and T.T.C. (Teacher Training Course)
7. Profession : Teacher
8. Number of terms elected: Once to AP Assembly
9. Marital Status : Married (Spouse's name is Smt. S. Bharathi Bai)
10. Number of Children : Two Sons and a daughter