Thatikonda Rajaiah (T. Rajaiah) has represented the Congress party from Station Ghanpur MLA constituency till recently and joined in the TRS (telangana Rashtra Samithi) headed by K Chandra Sekhar Rao in November 2011. The development has necessitated bye election to the Station Ghanpur Assembly Constituency of Warangal district in Andhra Pradesh. The Station Ghanpur Constituency has long history. Kadiam Srihari of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) has represented thrice from this constituency. Following are details of the MLAs of Station Ghanpur along with the resigned MLA of the constituency, T. Rajaiah.
Dr. T Rajaiah belongs to the SC community. He won from Station Ghanpur Constituency in 2009 Assembly elections defeating senior leader of TDP, Kadiyam Srihari. Both the leaders are most likely to contest again in the forthcoming bye elections. The TDP is keeping its hopes on winning the Station Ghanpur constituency as it was earlier represented by its senior leader several times. Following is the list of MLAs elected from Station Ghanpur from 1962 elections:
1) 2009 Elections: Thatikonda Rajaiah (Congress Party)
2) 2004 Elections : Gunde Vijaya Rama Rao (TRS)
3) 1999 elections: Kadiam Srihari (TDP)
4) 1994 elections : Kadiam Srihari (TDP)
5) 1989 elections: Bhongiri Arogyam (Congress - INC)
6) 1985 election: Bojjapalli Rajaiah (Telugu Desam - TDP)
7) 1983 elections : Goka Ramaswami (Congress Party - INC)
8) 1978 elections : Goka Ramaswami (Congress Party - INC)
9) 1972 elections : T.Hayagriva Chari (Congress Party - INC)
10) 1967 elections : Tokala Laxman Reddy (Independent)
11) 1962 elections : S.V.Mohan Rao (C.P.I)
While it is the time for all the parties to consolidate their strengths in the constituency, the YSR Congress has decided to not to field it's candidates. YS Jaganmohan Reddy, chief of YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) has earlier announced that they are not contesting the bye elections in Telangana (except Parakal). So, it will be a triangle contest in Station Ghanpur among TRS, The Congress and Telugu Desam Party.