Government of Telangana has introduced Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme for the benefit of families of SC, ST and BC Communities. The brides from these communities will receive Rs. 70,116 from Government of Telangana for the marriage expenses. The Government is also proposed to increase this amount to Rs. 100116 from 2018. Here we are giving the details of eligibility and online application procedure to avail the benefits of Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme:
Eligibility and who can apply: Following people are eligible to apply for Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme:
1) The unmarried Girls from SC, ST, BC, EBC communities and categories
2) The Applicant should be a resident of Telangana State.
3) The Girl should have completed 18 years of age at the time of marriage.
4) The total income of the parents shall not exceed Rs.2,00,000 per annum.
The Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme can not be combined with any other scheme like incentives for inter caste marriages. Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam is a one time financial assistance and can be availed only once in the life time of the bride.
Processing of Application: The online applications will be processed by the Government authorities concerned. The Joint Director/ Deputy Director / DTWO/ PO, ITDA of the Scheduled Caste Development/ Tribal Welfare Department shall process the application. The amount will be payable in the bank account of the bride after due verification and approval by the Government.
Certificates / Documents required:
1) Date of Birth Certificate / SSC Certificate
2) Caste certificate of the girl
3) Income Certificate issued in the previous six months.
4) Aadhaar card of unmarried girl
5) Bank account details
6) Wedding Card (optional)
Online Application Procedure:
Following is the online application procedure for Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme at the official website: http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/KalyanLakshmi.do
1) Go to http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/KalyanLakshmi.do
2) Fill online application form
3) Enter details of education qualifications
4) Also enter bridegroom details
5) Upload all the certificates as required:
Marriage confirmation certificate
VRO/ Panchayath Secretary Approval Certificate
Age proof certificate
Bride’s Scanned Aadhar Copy
Bride Groom’s Scanned Aadhar Copy
Scanned Bank pass book
Now you can submit the application form and also keep a copy of the application for future reference.