Kanna Lakshmi Narayana is a strong politician from Guntur district. He represented Pedakurapadu Assembly Constituency for a long time. He has been shifted to Guntur West constituency during 2009 Assembly elections. Kanna Lakshmi Narayana is a arch rival of Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, another dominant leader in the district and senior MP from Guntur Parliamentary Constituency. Fight between the two leaders seems reached to the towering heights in recent times. Rayapati has been making corruption allegations on Kanna and also complained to the Party bosses at New Delhi. His efforts to keep Kanna away from the cabinet also seems failed and consequently Rayapati uttered words of dissidence very recently. Kanna Lakshmi Narayana is a five times MLA from guntur district.
On the other hand fight between Kanna Lakshminaraya and Rayapati has also been characterised as Kapu - Kamma rivalry for political dominance in the dilstrict. Kanna Lakshmi Narayana served as Minister for Transport and Co-Operation in YSR cabinet and shifted to Ministry of Major Industries, Commerce and Export Promotion and Food Processing during K. Rosaiah period. Presently Kanna Lakshmi Narayana held the Ministry for Housing and Weaker Sections Housing. Kanna's son Kanna Nagaraju is the present Mayor of Guntur. Following is the brief profile of Kanna Lakshmi Narayana:
1) Name: Kanna Lakshmi Narayana
2) Father's Name: K. Rangaiah
3) Category: General
4) Permanent Address: Nagaram Palem, Guntur (Post), Guntur District.
5) Date and Place of Birth: 13th August, 1955
6) Educational Qualifications: B.Com.
7) Number of terms elected to Assembly: 5 Terms
8) Public Office held:
A. Chairman - Public Accounts Committee
B. Minister for Cooperation
C. Minister for Transport
D. Minister for Housing
9) Marital Status: Married
10) Name of the Spouse: Smt. K. Vijaya Lakshmi
11) Number of Children: Two Sons
12) Hobbies: Reading Books and Sports
13) Special Interest: Reading books and Sports
14) Favourite Pastime and Recreation: Book Reading and Sports