Bangalore: The Congress won the Karnataka Assembly elections with a thumping majority. Siddaramaiah (Read profile and biodata of Sidda Ramaiah) is the CM probable for the Congress. It is time for election promises in Karnataka. The Congress party has released it's manifesto for Karnataka Vidhan Sabha Elections 2013. There are a plenty of soaps for various sections of voters in the manifesto. Most popular among the promises is 1 kg rice at s.1 (upto 30 kgs per family) for below Poverty line (BPL) families. Other promises in the Congress manifesto includes:
1) Interest - free loans to farmers for loans upto Rs. 2 lakhs. Loans with three percent interest for loans upto Rs. 5 laksh.
2) Free laptops to students, particularly pre-university students
3) Establishing of a Rs 1,500 crore natural calamity relief fund
4) Quality power supply for 8 hours for farmers
The manifesto was released by the Union Minister A.K Antony. The party also promised free laptops / digital notepads for all PUC students. Kannada language will be made compulsory and teaching English as a subject will be implemented from the first standard.
Other promises are:
1) Implementation of Food Security Act
2) Loan waiver to SC / ST / OBC/ women/ child/ fisheries and minorities
3) Establishment of fast-track courts
4) State level Agricultural prices commission and district committees
5) Formation of Greater Bangalore connecting second Tier cities around Bangalore.