The Finance Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Yanamala Ramakrishnudu has presented Budget for the financial year 2014-15. Following are the details of allocations for various sectors in Andhra Pradesh.
1) Home Ministry: Rs. 3734 crores
2) Disaster Management: Rs. 403 crores
3) IT department: Rs. 111 crores
4) Industries: Rs. 615 crores
5) Irrigation Department: Rs. 8465 crores
6) Energy : Rs. 7164 crores
7) Youth Services: Rs. 126 crores
8) Welfare of Physically Handicapped and Senior Citizens: Rs. 65 crores
9) Women and Child Welfare Department: Rs. 1049 crores
10) Minority Welfare: Rs. 371 crores
11) Backward Classes welfare: Rs. 3130 crores
12) Tribal welfare: Rs. 1150 crores
The Andhra Pradesh Government has assured that the state will become Swarna Andhra Pradesh by 2029. The finance minister has criticized the previous UPA Government for 'unfair bifurcation' and the lack sufficient resources for the state of Andhra Pradesh.