Devaragunda Venkappa Sadananda Gowda (D.V. Sadananda Gowda) is the new Chief Minister Karnataka. Sadananda Gowda, a soft spoken State Party President of the Bharatiya Janatha Party (BJP) unit of Karnataka. Sadananda Gowda (58 years) is presently an MP from Udupi Chikmagalur. He was also served as an MLA and Deputy Opposition Leader in the Karnataka Assembly. But Sadananda Gowda never served as a minister before. Sadananda Gowda is known as soft spoken and low profile politician with non-controversial and non-confrontational attitude. He was first elected to Karnataka State Assembly during 1994 and known as a close follower of ousting Chief Minister BS Yedyurappa.
Sadananda Gowda is a Vokkaliga leader of the state. He has a Law degree and was a sportsman in his college days. He emerged as a Leader of the Karnataka BJP Legislature Party by defeating Jagadish Shettar, another contender for Chief Ministership, with a thin margin of 10 votes. Gowda is succeeding BS Yedyurappa for the post of Chief Minister of Karnataka. We have to wait and watch to assess his administrative and political skills. Following is the brief profile / bio-data of Sadananda Gowda:
1) Name: D.V. Sadananda Gowda
2) Constituency: Udupi Chikmagalur (Lok Sabha)
3) Father an Mother : Devaragunda Venkappa Gowda and Smt. Kamala
4) Date and Place of Birth: 3/ 18/ 1953 at Devaragunda Distt. Dakshina Kannada (Karnataka ).
5) Maritial Status Married to Smt. Datty Sadananda on 5/6/1980 and had one son.
6) Party: Bharatiya Janata Party
7) Permanent Address: 15-22-1390/4 "KAMALA" 2nd Cross, Kankanady Bendoorwell Lower, Mangalore, Dakshina Kannada -575002, Karnataka
8) Contact Phone No: (0824) 2434349, 9448123249 (M) Fax.(0824) 2434349
9) Present Address: 182, South Avenue, New Delhi - 110 011; Phone: (011) 23795006, 9868180269 (Mobile)
10) Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
11) Educational Qualifications: B.Sc., L.L. B. Educated at St. Phelomena College, Puttur, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka and Vaikunta Baliga Law Collge, Udupi, Karnataka
12) Positions Held : He was member of following committees:
a) Cell for Preparing Draft Bill on Prohibiting Atrocities on Women, Government of Karnataka
b) Committee for Engery, Fuel & Power, Karnataka Legislative Assembly
c) Public Undertaking Committee, Karnataka Legislative Assembly
d) Public Accounts Committee, Karnataka Legislative Assembly
e) Committee on Commerce
f) National Secretary, B.J.P.
g) Elected to 14th and 15th Lok Sabha
h) Committee on Science & Technology, Environment & Forests
13) Special Interests: Participating in 'Yakshagana' Folk Art famous in Dakshina Kannada District.
14) Sports: Kho-Kho. He represented Mysore University