Adilabad district has produced very unique results in 2009 Assembly elections. It has given representation to all major political parties in the state. The TDP was in the fore front with 4 seats out of 10 and TRS is next with 3 segments and PRP, CPI and Congress retain their presence with just one seat each. The Congress and CPI (M) have been most disappointing parties in 2009 elections in terms of winning seats. The TDP has managed to add Adilabad Parliamentary Constituency to its wining list.
Adilabad is the second largest district in the Telangana region with 52 mandals. The district has been divided into Adilabad , Nirmal , Utnoor, Asifabad, Mancherial divisions for administrative convenience. Adilabad town is the head quarter of the district. Important politicians of the district are S. Venugopala Chary, Ramesh Rathod, Kaveti Sammaiah, G. Nagesh etc.
MLAs of Adilabad district:
1. Asifabad: Athram Sakku – Congress Party (INC)
2. Sirpur: Kaveti Sammaiah – Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)
3. Boath: Godam Nagesh – Telugu Desam (TDP)
4. Mudhole: Venugopala Chary. S – Telugu Desam (TDP)
5. Bellampally: Gunda Mallesh – Communist Party of India (CPI)
6. Mancherial: Aravinda Reddy Gaddam – Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)
7. Chennur: Nallala Odelu – Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS)
8. Adilabad: Jogu Ramanna – Telugu Desam (TDP)
9. Khanapur: Suman Rathod – Telugu Desam (TDP)
10. Nirmal: Alleti Maheshwar Reddy – Praja Rajyam Party (PRP)
MPs from Adilabad District:
1. Adilabad: Rathod Ramesh – Telugu Desam (TDP)